Whiskey usually inspires two decidedly different responses in drinkers; love or hate.
We have all encountered those individuals who drink nothing but whiskey or those that experience complete revolution at the amber liquid's aroma. Well here is liquor's breakdown.......
Whiskey can have a variety of flavors (mint, dark chocolate, caramel, and vanilla. Molasses. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove spice. Toasted wood, earth, and cedar) which are produced from the fermentation of mashed grain. The grain type ranges from cereal to barely-- all depending on the country and method of distillation (type of oak barrel or filtration system used).
The most popular whiskey cocktail is simple, whiskey and soda. I decided to bring you one classic and another modern innovative approach to the whiskey cocktail.
- 2 oz Michter's Rye Whiskey
- dash of Reagan's Orange Bitters
- Orange twist
- Maraschino cherry
1. Dash orange bitters into a chilled cocktail glass, Squeeze and treat with orange twist.
2. Build ingredients in a cocktail shaker over ice. Stir 20 seconds and strain into a cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with maraschino cherry and orange twist